Re: [Usability] Modifiers + Scroll => Zoom, which modifiers to use?

On Mi, 2005-06-08 at 20:40 +0200, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> Note that even better idea (IMHO) is to support "middle-click triggers
> autoscroll mode". Galeon does that, and it's one of the features I miss
> from Epi enough to not even consider switching.

This is not easy to implement in a consistent manner accross the
desktop; e.g. how would you use that feature to scroll a list view or an
icon view in Nautilus?
It also has the disadvantage that the button is changing the context
depending on a) the current scroll state (on or off) and b) click the
position, which IMO is less than optimal.
It also conflicts with the "Mouse gestures" feature that some people
like to use in web browsers. I guess my opinion for this feature in Epi
is that it would (like mouse gestures) make a nice plugin, but it's
probably not feasible in some situations were we require scrolling on
the desktop.

-Samuel