Re: [Usability] The home directory and the desktop

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 10:24 +0200, BJ�Lindqvist wrote:

> Could someone please provide me with links to the previous discussions
> about this issue?

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2002-March/msg00467.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2003-May/msg00150.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-October/msg00057.html

Amongst others.  (Google for "home directory desktop
site:mail.gnome.org").

> Also this threads headcount is 4/5 that likes  $HOME == Desktop, so maybe people
> aren't as divided on the issue anymore?

The people who want to change the status quo are always the most vocal
in any debate.  The rest of us have just been around this particular
block often enough that we don't get involved :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group