Re: [Usability] Fold'n'drop

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 16:15 +0200, Daniel Borgmann wrote:

> Of course you have to see the window which you want to fold away, why
> would you want to put away a window that's not visible? :) The goal is
> to access the windows below it, which are covered at the moment.

Right, but if your windows are on top of each other (e.g. a stack of
maximized windows, as a lot of Windows-type folks are fond of), rather
than overlapping, it didn't look like there was an easy way to get to
the bottom one without having to fold away all the intervening ones
individually.  On the other hand, if I could already see part of the
window I wanted to drop my stuff into, I would just drop it into the
part I could see anyway, so I wouldn't need to fold anything :)  (If it
was just a file manager window, where the position of the drop isn't
terribly important.)

Anyway, I guess I should just try the demo...

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group