Re: [Usability] Keyboard technology enhancement, usability implications?

I think it's neat, but I don't see it as really useful.  I think the
Photoshop setup could be confusing if I wanted to add some text (mode
confusion).  Since all those buttons are on the screen anyways, I
don't see a big reason to put them on they keyboard.

The Quake setup might help for learning the game, but after the while
I don't imagine that any game players look at the keyboard.  In a game
environment you have to be especially fast, so having to look at the
keyboard is something to be avoided.

The shortcut keys look really nice, but I don't see them as a whole
lot faster than any keyboard combination.  Besides, having them all
bunched together like that makes them easy to confuse.

I have an "internet keyboard" myself with special buttons like
favourites, forward, backwards and such.  All I use are the rightmost
and leftmost ones, because they feel different and I can figure out
which one I'm using by just by running my fingers over the keyboard.