Re: [Usability] Re: Screenshots as videos

If we do not like the expansion of the term 'Take a Screenshot' to
include the additional functionality/task of recording the desktop
(which I agree with), then perhaps we can simply expand the task
launcher's name.

'Capture Desktop' would encapsulate both screenshots and recordings, for
example.

We could have an initial dialogue pop up asking what kind of capture
they wish to do, and then either display the screenshot or the recording
window as per their choice.  Or we could do a tabbed interface so we
don't hide the functionality from interface explorers - mockups might
help with this.  We're not really getting away from Alan's complaint of
complicating the interface though.  But I think that if we're adding a
feature to the desktop it is almost certain something will be
complicated, even slightly.

But I do agree that if I were looking for a way to record my desktop, I
wouldn't think it was found in the screenshot interface.  From the
developer's point of view it makes a lot of sense, but from the
end-user's point of view, the two tasks are not really related.

Kirk