Re: [Usability] nautilus, panel, and metacity not acting as if the desktop was a single entity

Dnia 13-05-2005, pią o godzinie 18:17 +0100, Phil Bull napisał:
> I mean, if you have only certain icons on certain desktops, you have
> to know which desktop you left that icon on. This means you have to
> change workspace to get to an icon too, so it ends up being quicker to
> use the Applications menu to launch apps. This makes the desktop
> pretty much useless for accessing programs quickly, which is what most
> users actually use it for!

APPLICATIONS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE RUN FROM DESKTOP. Having crappy
Applications menu or suffering from must-put-my-branding-everywhere
ISV-itis is not an excuse. Desktop is for user's work (and only for
user's work), application launchers clearly aren't user's work.

Cheers,
Maciej

PS. The above is completely without regard to (rather valid) points you
raise.

--
Being really good at C++ is like being really good at using rocks to
sharpen sticks. (Thant Tessman)