[Usability] Hello

Hello All,

My name is Corey Burger and I am beginning hacker just getting
involved with Gnome and Linux development. I currently run Ubuntu 5.04
(Hoary), otherwise known as Jeff Waugh please break my box.

I am deeply interested in usablity and documentation for the average
user. However, I am complete neophyte to much of this, so please
correct my mistakes.

I do have a question regarding .desktop files and gnome menus. How do
I make them appear in anything other than Other?

Thanks,

Corey