Re: [Usability] Find bar variants

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 21:36 +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Bryan Clark wrote:
> > >- Is case sensitivity common enough to warrant a checkbox in the find
> > >bar?
> >
> > Like I said, probably not, but we weren't tight on space.
>
> Searching and skim reading I read an idea that case sensitivity might be
> enabled only if Capital letters were used.  I'm not saying it is a good
> idea, but it is an idea.

That's how emacs does things, and I think it works out well.  Of course,
we do have to get it right for more than just ASCII.

> > My questions for others is: Are you supporting '/' as an alternative
> > Ctrl-F keybinding to bring up the find bar?  I'm thinking about saying
> > yes for Evince.  Just to keep those *nix weirdos happy ;-)

Bah, not a chance.  It's not even *nix weirdos.  I'm a *nix weirdo.
It's the vi weirdos.  I don't see any reason to waste a key on this.
Programs like gedit can't even do the / keybinding, unless they add
insert and command modes and take us all back a few decades.  And
Epiphany does have to deal with pages with editable contents, like
form fields and stuff.

--
Shaun