Re: [Usability] Find bar variants

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 19:25 +0200, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
>On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 16:53 +0100, Christian Persch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there are now at least 3 GNOME applications which employ a firefox-style
>> find bar. However, every one is doing is differently, as demonstrated in
>> this screenshot [http://www.gnome.org/~chpe/find-bars.png]:
>
>I assume there is some sound reasoning behind putting the find bar below
>then content rather than above it?  Something more educated than
>'because firefox did it like that' would be nice...

For Evince we didn't want to bump around the sidebar by inserting the
find toolbar.  Right not we just shrink it a little bit and shrink the
document as well.  If it was at the top it would actually move the
sidebar down when the find appears.  Also, there wasn't a compelling
reason to put it at the top.

~ Bryan