Re: [Usability] GtkEntryCompletion: Popup Completion Window on Paste?

> > Maybe the most sane option would be to bring back the arrow button
> > (as much as I dislike it) to show at least the possible search
> > engines/smart bookmarks. Or special case this situation and always show
> > the popup for search engines after pasting. If both is not desired,
> > maybe at least a hidden key combination could be added to bring up the
> > popup (something like shift+downarrow).
>
> Hidden keycombo's are generally frowned upon, see for instance bug
> 117650. Bringing back the arrow button might just be a worthwile idea.

Note that the old arrow didnt have quite the same function. It was
popping up a list of uris typed directly in the entry (and that's what
the arrow does in the other browsers). Autocompletion use the full
history, shows actions (smart bookmarks)...

Marco