Re: [Usability] [RFC] Announcing: Control-Center-GUI 0.1

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 01:22:06PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 18:22 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > As Jody pointed out, the Apple layout doesn't work very well for many
> > items - and we HAVE many items. While about 20 in the default setup are
> > still OK, we have to deal with the fact that new items will be added. So
> > the Apple approach seems to be badly scalable.
>
>  "The control-center is for desktop settings, i.e. stuff that does not
> appear to users to be
>   associated with any particular application. Do not put your app
> preferences there."

We need to give developers a place to put these things.  While I
agree that the primary control-center page is not the place for it,
a secondary tab seems like a nice central location.  My rationale is
the plethora of menu entries under windows that consist of
    app ->
	- run app
	- configure app