Re: [Usability] [RFC] Announcing: Control-Center-GUI 0.1

<quote who="Christian Neumair">

> It is a little app which is meant to eventually replace the preferences
> menu.

> http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/control-center-gui/screenshot-0.1.png

So, I don't agree with your starting point (tabs hiding things, rather than
OS X flat-panel categories style which may be better), but I strongly and
enthusiastically encourage you to continue experimenting with new ideas for
the control-center interface! Very rocking.

[ Keep in mind that we should also be violently redesigning the contents and
categories of the preference dialogues too [1]. But that's a design before
coding project! :-) ]

- Jeff

[1] http://live.gnome.org/PreferencesRevisited

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "Well, you know us usability folks... We like to believe that the two
    aren't mutually exclusive." - Calum Benson on power and cleanliness