Terminal Toolbar? [was Re: [Usability] gnome-terminal shortcuts]

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Steve Fosdick wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:07:38 +0000
> From: Steve Fosdick <lists pelvoux nildram co uk>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] gnome-terminal shortcuts
>
> Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:
>
> > SHIFT+CTRL+V is an awkward combination for
> > something that's used frequently.

[...]

> I am not sure how we could make this feature more discoverable but is
> makes pasting things from one application to another much faster than
> having to pick "Copy" then "Paste" from a menu or go back to the

Speaking of discoverability the old MS DOS command window does not have
any menus but it does have a toolbar.  It might be worth something
worth trying.

For reference purposes the layout of the MS DOS Toolbar: Font (drop down),
Selection, Copy, Paste, Fullscreen, Properties, Background, Font (button).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com