Re: [Usability] Issues and suggestions about files preview

I have to say I agree entirely with Jie, whilst it is occasionally
useful to preview text files/pdfs it is useful to preview images 99%
of the time, especially for images from digital cameras which produces
names with little meaning to the user (beyond what order the photos
were taken in).

Movies preview is also more useful than for text files, but
importantly not as useful as for pictures as they tend to have more
descriptive filenames (atleast in my use case, Also I'd expect that
movie preview takes up more system resources than images so surely the
user should be able to disable previews of little benefit for movies
but keep the really useful preview of images.

--
tom.c

Modern physics teaches us that there
is more to truth than meets the eye;
or than meets the all too limited human
mind, evolved as it was to cope with
medium-sized objects moving at medium
speeds through medium distances in Africa.
-- Richard Dawkins (A Devil's Chaplain)