Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

Joachim Noreiko wrote:
--- Michael Sweet <mike easysw com> wrote:
You can download the source code and see an animated
image of the
dialog at:

     http://www.easysw.com/~mike/ui/pddemo.html

I'm just going by the animated image, but it looks
good. A possible contender in the wider 'tabs are
evil' debate?

Both approaches can be abused, I think; mine is just an
extension of a collapsible toolbar control which has
appropriate uses just like any other...

Some suggestions:
- remove the summary when the box is expanded, to
avoid having information repeated

Good idea.

- 'Pages', 'Copies', etc, should change in some way so
they look like headings of the expanded box.

I was wondering about using a separator line; the current
widget uses the web-style rounded box outline, so a flat line
would be appropriate.  For a more typical raised box appearance,
a "groove" line might be used.  See the attached screenshot.

- line up the start of the summaries of collapsed
boxes ('Letter', 'All pages' etc)

I'm not sure how that would look - the arrow might look out of
place or misaligned.

And the HIG specifies the Print button should be on
the right ;)

The *GNOME* HIG, yes.  Feel free to put the buttons in the wrong
order in yours... :)

GIF image