Re: [Usability] CTRL-W shortcut for closing windows

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 12:30 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> The description for the Close keyboard shortcut in the
> HIG reads:
>
> Close	Ctrl-W	Close the current document
>
> I suggest it be changed to 'Close the current document
> or window.'

I guess there would need to be some caveats, e.g. it shouldn't close
anything that has OK and Cancel buttons (or equivalent), because that
would be ambiguous.  (Perhaps that was the reason we originally
restricted it to documents only, but I don't recall off-hand... will dig
through my old notes when I have a minute.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group