Re: [Usability] Hide the Desktop folder

Julien Olivier wrote:
I do not agree with your points at all. Until GNOME can not update the
contents of the Desktop folder on the Desktop immediately it is
essential to be able to open that folder and update it by hand.

No, a bug can't stay unfixed just because it works around another bug :)

More over, in this particular case, it is possible to refresh the
desktop by right-clicking on it (to put focus on it), then pressing
CTRL-R.

Wow!  That was a highly visible feature :-)

The more I think of it,  the more I think you are right. Just hiding the open windows
when  the "Desktop" item is selected from the "Places" menu wouldn't be a good thing.
So there should probably not be a "Desktop" entry in the places menu.

It is still needen as shortcut in file dialogs though.

Regards
Uno Engborg