Re: [Usability] New Pathbar

On 23 Aug 2005, at 12:54, David Christian Berg wrote:

http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~dcb/linux/newpathbar.png

So what do you guys think of this approach?

I think it's a clever idea, but I'd be a bit concerned that it's quite complex and so different from any other widget that users might still have trouble with it. There would also be accessibility issues to think about... it's easy to navigate a row of buttons in the standard way using Tab (and Space to activate), but how would you navigate and activate a list of hyperlinks in a text field?

I agree that we need a neat solution to the currently-hidden magic shortcuts, though, and I'd certainly encourage you to keep trying to find one :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team