Re: [Usability] Re: Content Separation in GNOME

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:41:50 -0400
> From: Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 cornell edu>
> To: usability gnome org
> Cc: sds tycho nsa gov
> Subject: [Usability] Re: Content Separation in GNOME
>
> The discussion here has been interesting. Can we reach some sort of
> agreement, however, for a Downloads folder to be added to the Places
> menu and integrated with the GNOME environment? This is the most
> important folder from a security point of view.

I've no probably with the theory of having both a Documents and a
Downloads folder but when it comes to the implementation there will be
lots of people with many different ideas and possibly conflicting
requirements but go for it, implement something and refine it later.

Like painting lines on the floor, if you provide default folders people
will use them without even noticing.  (I think this falls under the header
of affordance.)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan