Re: [Usability] Progress Bars

I'm thinking of at least one situation where a single progress bar would
not be sufficient - when the user needs to know at which point along the
way something failed during a series of actions.

For example, in Sound-Juicer, while ripping a series of songs, I want to
be able to see the progress of each song.  This way, if there is a
failure (or a slowdown due to copy protection schemes) I can see exactly
where along the series of steps the failure occurred.

This could also be covered by having SJ provide this info to the user
upon failure, but this reduces it to a binary state - working or not.  I
think the granularity of seeing the individual tasks in the series
should not be removed.

Kirk