Re: [Usability] Content Separation in GNOME

> > I would be fine with ~/Documents, ~/Movies, and whatnot. What I wouldn't
> > be fine with is having a "Desktop" directory, on my desktop, which is my
> > $HOME.
>
> Same here, although I actually turn the desktop off most of the time,
> originally for significant performance and laptop battery reasons.

My whole point when starting this discussion was to separate content
from settings (the exact opposite of having $HOME as your desktop and
storing everything there). $HOME on Unix is used as the default place to
store everything, and that's harmful to security - however you choose to
organize content, can we please keep the content away from program
settings somehow (in a separate folder).

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 cornell edu>
Cornell University