Re: [Usability] The new file chooser

Sitat Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:

> Please explain why it's clunky. You're just ranting here.

It is clunky because it takes too many clicks, scrolls and time to get to a
file. For instance when i have the filename on clipboard. It could be as easy
as to middle-button-click to paste the path/filename - but no - now I either
have to use the keyboard first, Ctrl+L, and THEN open the file - or I have to
scroll around and maneuver with several drags and clicks to get to the file.

Or when i have typed a filename into an editor to save, and have it on clipboard
- or simply in my mind - and then want to open the file. I can type "crash.txt"
and enter faster than I can filter for text-files, scroll to find crash.txt and
then click to open. The new filepicker slows me down.

> > I would like to know if there are plans to improve the current filechooser
> -
> > basically by re-incorporating a text widget into it.
>
> Nope.

OK. Linux user #149288 is no more.

> > If not, I see myself forced away from using Linux.
>
> I don't think that blackmail works with Free Software ;)

I think you misunderstand. That wasn't blackmailing - just telling it as it is,
in a hope it might say something about how severely I consider the flawed new
filepicker.  I've had 5 fun years with Linux, but i need a usable GUI.
Since I see it take a direction that to me is directly user  hostile, it's time
to draw the line. I'm not a coder. I can't change the GUI myself. So - it's
time to say goodbye.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

R.K.Aa.