Re: [Usability] File roller Integration suggestion

Dnia 18-09-2004, sob o godzinie 10:31 +0200, Simon napisał:
> Hello
>
> I've compiled gnome 2.8. I think it's great
>
> I've a suggestion, about file-roller:
>  - a right click on an archive shows "extract here .."
> 	But I think "extrat to ..." would be more conveniant

That was discussed before (and changed few times), but rationale is the
following: context menu entry is there to speed up access, but if you
still need to click after selecting it to extract to current folder (the
most common ops), it's pointless. If you want "extract to"
functionality, just double click the archive :)

>  - The popup after a <alt>+drag&drop (Copy, move, link ...) should
> contaons "extract here" too ...

This one sounds sensible. I don't think I ever missed that
functionality, but _one_ additional entry wouldn't hurt, and I guess may
be useful for someone who frequently shuffles lots of archives around

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"