Re: [Usability] Filename in application's window titles

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 15:18, Sven Herzberg wrote:
>   Is this case (which would apply to e.g. media mplayers too) a special
> case that should be treated as "Show the documents title" or should I
> still show the filename?

Totem seems to already do what you're suggesting.  I think it's a very
reasonable thing to do, but I would suggest that if the title of the
presentation has not been set then you fall back on the filename, rather
than always displaying "Untitled Presentation" or whatever the default
contents of the title field are.

Perhaps it would be worth filing a HIG bug about this?

John