Re: [Usability] Double-click in notification area?

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 21:15 -0700, Kirk Bridger wrote:
> The only thing I enjoy about single clicking is being able to select an
> item, and view item-specific details in the status bar or information
> bar (eg size of item).
>
> I find it frustrating when a single click activates an item, I cannot
> simply select it to see it's size (if in icon view).

For what it's worth, in this particular example, you can simply have
Nautilus display the size of each item in the icon view.  My setup
currently shows me both the file type and the size.

Applications->Preferences->File Management->Display.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.