Re: [Usability] Changing the taskbar semantics

Hello Maurizio,

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Maurizio Colucci wrote:

Could the taskbar become a list of (open) application instances?

I would really dislike such a change. The reason is that GNOME is moving away from an application-centric view towards a document-centric view. For example, the fact that you're using Epiphany to view a webpage is hidden in the about-box.

Stressing which applications are open, instead of which windows are open, works in the opposite direction. Personally I don't think the user needs to remember which application is used to handle her data, as long as she can perform her tasks well.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778