Re: [Usability] Changing the taskbar semantics

Hello Maurizio,

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Maurizio Colucci wrote:

Could the taskbar become a list of (open) application instances?

I would really dislike such a change. The reason is that GNOME is moving away from an application-centric view towards a document-centric view. For example, the fact that you're using Epiphany to view a webpage is hidden in the about-box.

Stressing which applications are open, instead of which windows are open, works in the opposite direction. Personally I don't think the user needs to remember which application is used to handle her data, as long as she can perform her tasks well.

Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778