Re: [Usability] contents of default panel menus

[Alan Horkan]

As Mandrake is more focussed on KDE they dont seem to mess with Gnome very
much and it seems to be fairly standard but unless you grab Mandrake
Cooker you could be quite out of date.  Grabbing ISO's of Fedora is a

Goetz Waschk keeps a repository with frequently updated GNOME 2.8.x packages, which will install cleanly on a Mandrakelinux 10.1 system.

But you are right about Cooker, GNOME 2.8.x was recently added to it so probably most developments will happen on the Cooker tree from now on.

[John Keller]

I use Mandrake, and I can speak to the fact that it's got a good Gnome install. However, it's been tweaked - including the menu system, which will have an effect on what you see.

Yes, however, using Menudrake, you can put back the originial menu system if you like that better.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen

==  Europa zonder softwarepatenten! == www.nosoftwarepatents.com ==