Re: [Usability] Proposal to solve some drawbacks of the current spatial implementation

Dave Ahlswede wrote:

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 14:07 +0200, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
I am proposing the following change, which solves both problems in one shot:

In the gnome panel, add a global dropdown button called "recent folders". when clicked, it simply pops up a menu with the most recently visited locations, SORTED BY LAST VISITING TIME. It is GLOBAL because it contains locations visited from ANY nautilus window; it is not relative to one window. If you select a folder from the menu, a nautilus window relative to that directory is opened (or brought on top if already opened).

This sounds interesting-- I would counter-propose that, instead of (or
possibly in addition to) a panel applet, that this be merged with the
FileChooser bookmarks and put in the Nautilus Places menu. (I think
merging the FileChooser bookmarks and Nautilus places has actually been
discussed in the past, but I don't recall if anyone has written any code
for it)

I don't see why you would want to do that, since the "recent folders" list is global, not relative to a single nautilus window. It contains a merge of the locations visited from ANY nautilus window...