Re: [Usability] spatial nautilus concerns

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 john erling blad aftenposten no wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:55:38 +0200
> From: john erling blad aftenposten no
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] spatial nautilus concerns
>
> Perhaps some of the problems with Nautilus could be circumvented with a
> separate directory traversal menu/applet/application? Something like the
> Gnome Foot but instead of the ordinary menu you pop up a directory tree.
> I would like it to extend from top to bottom of the desktop but stay
> along the left side.

I'm 99% certain this has been done before, there might even be a Gnome 2
applet available somewhere that does this.

found a somewhat relevant thread, someone else asking for the same kind of
applet
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2004-July/msg00035.html

tried a few searches and even looked at http://gnomefiles.com/ but without
being able to specfically describe this tree view/file browser applet
thingy didn't come up with anything useful.

- Alan