Re: [Usability] Need user testing materials

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 00:08, Karim Nassar wrote:

> B) Are there any 'official' gnome usability protocols available? I know
> that Sun did some testing around a year ago, but I can only find the
> reports, not the test materials.

We still haven't published the JDS study we did about a year ago (grr,
I'll have to jump on some people again about that), but the scenarios
and test script we used for our original GNOME 1.4 test are available
here, if they're any use:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/ut1_script.html

It's fairly generic (although aimed at business users) and it might be
fun to re-run it on GNOME 2.8 just to see how far we've come :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group