Re: [Usability] Removing GNOME splash screens? (was: Re: Future of desktop splash screens - some thoughts)

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 20:05 +0200, Samuel Abels wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 16:14, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > What about removing it completely? Do we really need "Welcome to
> > GNOME"-fashioned branding?
> When I start a GNOME session, I like to see progress.
> So deactivatable: Yes. Remove completely (or by default): No.
>
> -Samuel

As I said before, if the intention is to provide feedback, its better to
use a simple progress bar, maybe with a label "Starting Gnome 2.X
Desktop..." if you like. Get rid of the splash image, the icons and the
unnecessary information.

Regards,
--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla hpcf upr edu>