Re: [Usability] Re: Move to Workspace (Right | Left) Proposal

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Bryan Clark wrote:

The left and right provide an easy single key stroke move to basically
get a window out of the way.  The left/right items are not really there

If I'm not mistaken this was about the window menu, not about the keystrokes?

It does make me wonder why Ctrl+Alt+Shift+right and Ctrl+Alt+Shift+left aren't shown as the accelerator keys next to the menu item, like for instance Alt+F4 is.

I don't think that removing these items is simplifying in a better way,
actually I think it's removing functionality without leaving a better
way to achieve the end user goal.  And I don't see your argument that

Well, there *is* another way (but is it better?): dragging windows around in the workspace switcher.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

   == Geen softwarepatenten in Europa! == www.NoSoftwarePatents.com ==