Re: [Usability] visiual feedback while starting

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 12:10, David Christian Berg wrote:
> I had a friend of mine work on my computer yesterday, telling him, what
> to do, via telephone. He was really confused that there was no visiual
> feedback right away when programs (galeon (I know, it's in the window
> list), inkscape and I think evolution it was as well as OOO, which shows
> the splash only after a while) were starting.

Assuming a relatively recent (post-2.2 or so) flavour of GNOME was used, there should have been cursor-change feedback, and a new entry in the window list for the starting application-- did these not happen, or were they just not noticed?

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group