Re: [Usability] Panel-dockable menubar now possible?

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Dave Ahlswede wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 07:44:42 -0400
> From: Dave Ahlswede <mightyquinn charter net>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: [Usability] Panel-dockable menubar now possible?
>
> Through Google, I stumbled upon a thread from late last year that
> mentioned with some of the new features in GTK 2.4, that externalizing a
> program's menubar (towards a Mac/Amiga global menu concept) would be
> more feasible than it was before.

> Is this the case? And if so, has anyone undertaken the project to do it?

Not that I have heard of, but searching the desktop devel list or gtk
lists might turn up something more recent.
I expect that if anyone is working on a Mac Port of GTK they would be the
best people to ask.  I'd be surprised if there was not a bug report on
this in Bugzilla but I would have a hard time guessing what it might be
called.

- Alan

PS I'm surprised no one responded to your message.  As a matter of
courtesy and maintaining the good reputation of Gnome I try to ensure that
questions do not go unanswered or ignored, and that they at least get some
sort of a reply.  Even though I cannot provide a very good answer I hope
that helps.