[Fwd: Re: [Usability] Volume Control Consistency between Rhythmbox and Totem]

Brian P. Skahan wrote:

Even within Totem, whatever the UI, I think having multiple volumes (one
for DVDs, one for Music, one for TV) is overkill. Watching movies with
sound while listening to seperate music is an unlikely case.

I am not talking about using applications at same time, rather session settings for changing between uses, so you spend an hour listening to music, then decide to watch a DVD, the volume does not have to be altered. Plus if EQ settings are included it allows EQ profiles to be specified by the user for each audio type universally (this taking the form of predefined EQ settings named movies, music, ultrabass etc...).

I have put together a very basic draft for a mixer which needs much work for a serious draft but gets my idea across http://www.geocities.com/da_only_geniarse/sndmix_draft.png
--- Begin Message ---
Brian P. Skahan wrote:

Even within Totem, whatever the UI, I think having multiple volumes (one
for DVDs, one for Music, one for TV) is overkill.  Watching movies with
sound while listening to seperate music is an unlikely case.
I am not talking about using applications at same time, rather session settings for changing between uses, so you spend an hour listening to music, then decide to watch a DVD, the volume does not have to be altered. Plus if EQ settings are included it allows EQ profiles to be specified by the user for each audio type universally (this taking the form of predefined EQ settings named movies, music, ultrabass etc...).

I have put together a very basic draft for a mixer which needs much work for a serious draft but gets my idea across http://www.geocities.com/da_only_geniarse/sndmix_draft.png

--- End Message ---