Re: [Usability] totem = video or media player ?

> Agreed but catalogizing music in a db isn't a basic feature either.

I think it is. But again, it must be because I have a huge music
collection. For me, a music player *must* be able to manage my library
in a easy way.

> A presence of a library is what makes the difference. No need to import
> folders or locations, just drag & drop an audio file.

It shouldn't be that hard to add dnd support to rhythmbox, should it ?
And if DND isn't supported, it's not because of rb's library but simply
because of a bug (or lack of feature).

By the way, you don't *need* to import your music before playing it in
rhythmbox: just double-click on your MP3/OGG file in Nautilus. If you
associated the mime/type with rhythmbox it will simply add it
automatically to your playlist and start playing it. And if, later, you
remove your file from your hard drive, rhythmbox will remove it from its
library.

>  Simple
> functionality to reorganize tracks(move up/down, remove).

You can do that in rhythmbox already.

>  Hiding the
> playlist and just looking at the current track information(title,
> elapsed time). Fancy stuff if available or possible - skins,
> visualization plugins.

Fancy stuff, skins and plugins could as well be in rhythmbox. If they
are not, it's not because rhythmbox uses library. So you can't say that
"A presence of a library is what makes the difference".

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>