Re: [Usability] GIMP - CSDI and Toolbox

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Marek Peteraj wrote:

> document represents each instance of one application? Suppose i have 3
> documents open in abiword but i'd like to minimize abiword. Is it
> possible?

In a document-centric environment, you don't "minimize abiword". You
minimize 3 document windows, regardless which wordprocessing app is
showing them.

Indeed, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to apply actions to groups of
windows at present. But the way to remedy this is not called MDI.

> So to sum up - 3 different behaviours of child dialogs. I think WM
> behaviour should be a part of the usability study.

I'm not an expert here, but I suppose the difference with the preferences
window is that it's application modal. It's not a separate task like the
bookmark manager is.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778