[Usability] How to edit menu

I am trying to customize my menu and I've tried to follow the instructions in the help but it doesn't work. I try to create a launcher in the applications area and go through the steps and nothing's saved. When I try to create a folder it says Unsupported Operation creating folder. I've tried to look in the mail archives for help but the search url isn't working and I couldn't find it so far searching by hand.

By the way I'm using Fedora Core 1 distribution.

Thanks.

David J. Bakeman                dbakeman lads is lmco com
Lockheed Martin                 3605 132nd Ave. S. E. Suite 400
TEL: (425)957-3228              Bellevue, WA  98006
FAX: (425)746-1335