Re: [Usability] HIG clarification: single click on notification area icons?

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 21:02, John Spray wrote:

> Looking at the HIG at [1], I'm a little confused about whether
> anything's supposed to happen when a user single-clicks on a
> notification area icon (NAI).  Is it to be that a single click should do
> nothing, or is the HIG leaving this up to developers?

Frankly, I would ignore the whole notification area section of the draft
HIG for now.  It's very much just a placeholder for the issues we know
we need to cover, and I'd expect it to be significantly rewritten before
it's included in any official release of the HIG.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group