Re: [Usability] File open selector suggestion

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 22:49, Brian P. Skahan wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 22:21 +0200, David Christian Berg wrote:
> > > I've tried the file open selector, and the large bookmarks pane to the
> > > left seems very disturbing. Wouldn't it be possible to use a dropdown
> > > box instead? I've mocked up a design where the leftmost top button is
> > > reused:
> >
> > Actually I think the bookmark panel is the best thing about the new file
> > chooser.
> > I'd just suggest to make it single click instead of doubleclick cause
> > that is the most common behaviour of lists like this (e.g. in
> > preferences dialogs (galeon, evolution...). It also lacks the
> > possibility to drag folders into the bookmark section. But it's great
> > anyway, I think!
>
> Ideally, it might default to single click, but in gnome it should really
> take the File manager single/double click preference.

But isn't that about how a folder opens? The Nautilus treeview, which is
IMHO a good comparison, does it with single click. And well, probably
that is why I always expect it to work with single click and am waiting
for a while until noticing it doesn't :)

David