Re: [Usability] File menu applet

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 17:45, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-22-07 at 16:20 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Adam D. Lopresto wrote:
>

> > > While we're (a little) on the topic, I really think it would be nice to be able
> > > to have a separate tree view without using the browser.  That is, I'd like a
> > > separate window that has nothing but a directory tree, where double clicking on
> > > folders opens spatial windows to those folders.  Then you get all the
> > > advantages of spatial mode, but still get the tree when you need it.
> >
> > You are describing something differnt from the Tree View in the Macintosh
> > Finder?  (I think you are suggesting something else.  Having a Tree
> > View like the Finder would be neat but I'm not going to request it as
> > I'm sure the developers have better things to do.)
> >
> > I'm not sure the developers would go for mixing the Spatial model with a
> > tree view, they have seemed pretty clear on how they want Spatial to
> > behave.
> >
> > - Alan
>
> IIRC Alex has stated that it was always his intention of providing more
> than two navigation modes, and mac style tree was on his list.
>
> Can't recall the email though, somewhere in the archives ...

Yup I read somewhere that one of the developers was creating a new view
that combines a tree view with a list view (IE exactly like Konquerors
tree view). Of course the view can be in a spatial window and therefore
you would get the same effect. I personally dont like the tree/list view
combo but thats just my opinion - if it makes life easier for spatial
users then what the heck!

jamie.