Re: [Usability] Placement of delete options in Right-click menu, and modifier key to force move?

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 22:01 +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 03.07.2004, 11:18 +0000 schrieb Dave Ahlswede:
> > I think the move to trash option on the menu is too close to the
> > rename option.. I accidentally moved several files to the trash.. while
> > a reversible action, it did break my train of thought.
>
> Weird. There should be a separator between rename and move to trash.
> Maybe your nautilus version is broken or outdated.
Actually, the separator bar is there, but at least with the
LighthouseBlue GTK engine, it's about 1/3 of the width of an entry line.
It's close enough that I still hit it instead of rename a couple times--
I'm not sure why it happened with this combo, and not elsewhere in the
menu, though it may have something to do with the absence of a stock
icon for rename by default, and icons in menu options seem to
psychologically be an easier target to click.

And actually, as I look around the menu a little more, my thoughts were
to move it just above properties, but the division just above properties
varies in size, so it might be harder to develop muscle-memory for it.

I think in retrospect that this may be user error on my part and not a
usability error in Nautilus.