Re: [Usability] Placement of delete options in Right-click menu, and modifier key to force move?

Am Samstag, den 03.07.2004, 11:18 +0000 schrieb Dave Ahlswede:
> I think the move to trash option on the menu is too close to the
> rename option.. I accidentally moved several files to the trash.. while
> a reversible action, it did break my train of thought.

Weird. There should be a separator between rename and move to trash.
Maybe your nautilus version is broken or outdated.

> Second, when moving files between partitions, it defaults to copying
> instead of moving, which is fine, but the only way to get it to move is
> to hold alt while releasing the drag-drop, and selecting "Move here"
> from the popup menu. I'd like to suggest that the shift key be used to
> force a move in this case.

The menu should pop up if you drag using the middle mouse button as
well. But indeed you're right, shift should cause Nautilus to move the
files, although it doesn't ATM.

> I thought it might be better to run this by people here before I bugged
> the nautilus folks about it.
Feel free to bug 'em by filing a bug report :).
Thanks for your efforts.

regs,
 Chris