Re: [Usability] Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
>http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5582
>Please read the article for full explanation as to why things are the way
>they are in the mockup.
>Suggestions (but mostly source code :-) are welcome.

The placement of the Locations on the top is odd (I see that you addressed this in your article). I'm not sure if it's just because I'm not used to it, but it feels awkward).

The button-clickable path navigation is VERY interesting. This is really powerful. However, it's something that should maybe be a GTK widget - so it could be used elsewhere. Also, careful thought would have to go into dealing with really long paths.

Steven Garrity
steven actsofvolition com