[Usability] Inconsistent states

We're considering how to handle inconsistent states in Gtk widget for Dia.
We have various widgets like checkbuttons, entry fields, spinners, and
optionmenus, and need to be able to show an inconsistent state for these
when editing the properties of several objects.  One widget has an
inconsistent state: GtkToggleButton has gtk_toggle_button_set_inconsistent,
but how to mark other things inconsistent?

GtkEntry:  Grey out the entry area, but have a popdown menu with the
 existing choise.
GtkSpinner:  Same.
GtkOptionMenu:  Have several items selected at the same time, the button
 greyed out.

We have our own color selection widget that we can reasonably deal with.

Kenny Chamber
http://gem-hs.org/contact.html