[Usability] Launch feedback inconsistency

NOTE:  This is my 2nd time sending this message -- the first time I sent it, it did not get posted to the list, possibly because I'm using Postfix that hasn't been configured securely enough.  Anyway, here's try #2 using my university's SMTP server:

I've always noticed that there has been some inconsistency in how launch feedback works in GNOME.  I find that with some Launchers I create, I do get launch feedback, with a proper hourglass cursor and all that.  But some Launchers I create do not have launch feedback, and the user is kept guessing as to whether he or she has successfully started the program.

I do find that Launchers created with gnome-panel tend to have proper launch feedback most of the time, whereas ones created with nautilus (ie: on the desktop) never do.

Could someone please advise?