Re: [Usability] Locating the mouse pointer when it is on the bottom of the screen?

> I may have made a curious discovery: I watched four people who usually
> keep the window-list (=taskbar) on bottom and two people who keep it on
> top (sorry, I don't know anyone else who does).
>
> It seems that who keeps the taskbar on top tends to move the mouse
> towards the buttons in a straight diagonal line, then adjust only
> horizontally. On the other hand, who uses the taskbar on bottom tends to
> reach the button along a curved line, the end of which is vertical.
>
> The latter behavior is of course less logical and efficient. I guess
> they developed this habit _because_ of the limitation of not seeing the
> cursor when it is on the absolute bottom.

Well I don't quite see there being a causal link. First of all people
who have a top panel are more likely to use their computer quite often,
people who use the standard are less likely to. I also use the bottom
panel but I believe I'm dragging my mouse in a straight line from the
point where I am to the button I want to go. I have a strong highlight
(orange) so it's easy to see, what window I'll bring to the front when
clicking.
Anyways, I don't like the idea of flipping the cursor.

David