Re: PATCH for Search in folders (was Re: [Usability] Some usability feedback)

[Removed CC to the Nautilus list]

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Calum Benson wrote:

> Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:41:41 +0000
> From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
> To: Gnome Usability <usability gnome org>, nautilus-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: PATCH for Search in folders (was Re: [Usability] Some
>     usability feedback)
>
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:18, Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > I see now that Nautilus is using Ctrl+F to popup a box for typeahead find
> > but I think this is unnecessary and still believe that Ctrl+F would be
> > better used by the more powerful general search tool.
>
> +1 -- it's also the shortcut that will be familiar to Windows converts.
> Also agree that "Find Files" would probably be a better name in that
> case, but we'd probably want to consider changing the Actions menu entry
> to match if we did that.

Before changing from Search to Find I would be interested to find out why
Microsoft changed from Find to Search, perhaps it is because so often you
search but do not actually find what you are looking for?

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org
Dia is for Diagrams  http://gnome.org/projects/dia/