Re: [Usability] Menu order

Am Son, den 08.08.2004 um 19:33 Uhr +0200 schrieb Samuel Abels:
> On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 02:49, Christoffer Olsen wrote:
> > I usually run my Gnome in English, but today I ran it in Norwegian. All
> > of a sudden, I noticed that my GNOME menu was reordered - alphabetized,
> > that is. It is alphabetized in English too, thus Accessories is on top,
> > and not at the bottom, as it is now. I got confused by this until I
> > understood what happened, and then I got atuned to it.
>
> Yes, I would love to see a better solution either. I am using a german
> menu at work and an english language menu at home and this confuses me
> all the time.
>
> The only alternative solution would be a fixed order (right?), but I
> would still prefer that. Isn't it better to sort the list by semantics
> then by syntax anyway?

i encountered this too. its utterly unlogical, dont know if i ever filed
a bug report though. a good example - the german gnome menu has desktop
settings as second entry.
it should be consistent across different locales, so i would vote for a
semantic list as well.

m.
--
markus hammer                           hm sabotage at