Re: [Usability] Using mousewheel for shading/unshading windows?

I'm certainly a big fan of this feature, but it should be off by
default.  It's very easy to unintentionally scroll and it's not
immediately obvious how to get your window back (if you're an XP or
OSX convert, anyway).

The same goes for scroll-wheel on the desktop and in the pager (like
XFCE4).  I'm used to it changing virtual desktops, but that could be
very confusing for other people.  (I have in fact witnessed this
confusion; I made some old iMacs XFCE4 workstations and just about
everyone that used them switched desktops and got very confused.  So
in terms of usability, this is a bad idea.  But it would be nice if
the Power Users could enable it.)

While we're on the subject of metacity, I think someone should look at
XFWM4's placement algorithm and do a bit of cut-n-paste, 'cause it's
really really good.  Metacity still puts windows on the wrong monitor
quite often. (I right click on monitor 1 to get a terminal, it shows
up as far away as possible on monitor 2... that's irritating...)

Anyway, that's going OT, so I'll stop typing now :)  Thanks for any ideas.

--
Jonathan Rockway <jrockway gmail com>